God's Glory

God's Glory

Monday, February 9

Record Highs!

WOWEE! Yesterday the vast majority of the state had record high temps......Portland's record high was 51.......however up here in the far north our record high was a whopping 37....woot. lol



I started clinical in at The Aroostook Medical Center last week. For my first day I got to follow a wound care nurse around during a wound care clinic. I got to see a lot of venous stasis ulcers and a very bad case of frostbite. Wicked cool and extremely interesting!

This week is going to go quickly I think, I can hardly wait for friday!!! I'm WICKED excited to see my grover peoples :):):):)

I went skiing on Saturday with another guy I tutor with. The conditions were PERFECT and the weather was GORGEOUS!!! I don't think there could have been a better day! It was fun because he could ski well too so we just skied hard and fast all for about 4 hours!! SOOOOOOO fun!

This semester due to some major budget cuts the position of activities coordinator here on campus was cut. That meant we lost our open gym, movie nights, pretty much all on campus organized activities. Stink. A few of us students have formed a student activity committee. We had our first meeting on Saturday afternoon and I think it is going well. We are set to start after we get back from break in a couple weeks.

I had to take a woman to the ER last night. She was really sick and vomiting blood. Thankfully I brought my schoolwork because we were there for a very long time. Turns out she has Bacterial Gastroenteritis which is very contagious.....I've been washing my hands TONS and I'm about ready to clean the bathroom with bleach....lol I guess the incubation period is 72 hours.....I'm praying I don't get it.....that would make me sick over the weekend when I'm supposed to be in Grove City. :(

Well, back to studying, hugs, e.

No comments:

Post a Comment