Man, I am just BAD at blogging! lol
Well, my year has thankfully settled into a rhythm...not really a very slow or relaxing one, but a rhythm none the less! I LOVE being an RA and really getting to interact with a lot more students than last year. It is such a rewarding job but man there are definitely some not so fun parts. For Example: having students who decide this is not for them and go home, it is hard to watch and realize that sometimes there is nothing I could have done to change their minds....but there is always the "what if i had..." in the back of my mind. Then there are the great phone calls that a toilet is overflowing and could I please call maintenance...except maintenance doesn't work weekends...so I can stick an "out of order" sign on the door until monday and make the guys use another bathroom (because the toilet has been plugged and overflowing so long it has gone from one end to the other!) or i can go track down a plunger, unplug the toilet, and then mop up the whole floor.......they better enjoy their clean bathroom!!!! I won't lie, it is intimidating being a female RA on a majority male campus (and all the rooms on my hall are men's rooms) but I'm really blessed to have this opportunity to get to know them.
Nursing this year is still hard, but it sure feels a lot different! It is nice to kind of have a handle on what to expect for test material. The instructors for this year are SOOOOOO different from last year, everyone is wicked soft spoken and really is just trying to help you along, every step of the way. O O O! Second year you have a different advisor from first year....and mine is my last advisor's sister! How funny is that? BUT there is a big difference between the two....Eileen is MUCH more relaxed and sweet than Janice....it is hard to believe they are related!
Big nursing test on Tuesday, back to the books!
Well, my year has thankfully settled into a rhythm...not really a very slow or relaxing one, but a rhythm none the less! I LOVE being an RA and really getting to interact with a lot more students than last year. It is such a rewarding job but man there are definitely some not so fun parts. For Example: having students who decide this is not for them and go home, it is hard to watch and realize that sometimes there is nothing I could have done to change their minds....but there is always the "what if i had..." in the back of my mind. Then there are the great phone calls that a toilet is overflowing and could I please call maintenance...except maintenance doesn't work weekends...so I can stick an "out of order" sign on the door until monday and make the guys use another bathroom (because the toilet has been plugged and overflowing so long it has gone from one end to the other!) or i can go track down a plunger, unplug the toilet, and then mop up the whole floor.......they better enjoy their clean bathroom!!!! I won't lie, it is intimidating being a female RA on a majority male campus (and all the rooms on my hall are men's rooms) but I'm really blessed to have this opportunity to get to know them.
Nursing this year is still hard, but it sure feels a lot different! It is nice to kind of have a handle on what to expect for test material. The instructors for this year are SOOOOOO different from last year, everyone is wicked soft spoken and really is just trying to help you along, every step of the way. O O O! Second year you have a different advisor from first year....and mine is my last advisor's sister! How funny is that? BUT there is a big difference between the two....Eileen is MUCH more relaxed and sweet than Janice....it is hard to believe they are related!
Big nursing test on Tuesday, back to the books!
No comments:
Post a Comment