God's Glory

God's Glory

Tuesday, June 19

O Repetition

Patience.  This is DEFINITELY not a virtue I ever asked for, nor is it one that I have a great handle on.

I am so easily frustrated by having to repeat myself when I'm talking to people.  I get frustrated if they aren't paying attention because they're distracted by their phone with all their other friends, if they just tune me out because they have better things to do, or if they just don't think what I'm saying applies to them so they just check out only to realize later, "O, maybe that was relevant, would you mind repeating that?"

I get so tired of regurgitating the same information, no it hasn't changed since the last time we talked about this; the laws of humanity still apply.  I am just one person with a limited interaction with a small percentage of the world's population.  This tiny slice of humanity has the power to irritate me to the point of major frustration when I feel my time is wasted and not valued.  How much more heavily must this weigh on my Father God when everyone of us (all 7 billion of us!) needs repeated reminders, lessons, and major sit downs????  Huh.  Kinda puts it into perspective.

Don't get me wrong, I love the people in my life, and I CERTAINLY don't have life any more together than the the next person!  Most of the time, I'm not irritated, I don't have to fight for my voice to be heard (thank you women's rights movements!!), and I surely never doubt that as long as I'm attempting to move toward Him, God will ever lose patience repeating Himself to make sure I finally get what He's been trying to teach me for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment