Stress.
Somehow, through some odd twist of psychology, stress is both a good and a bad thing. I guess it really isn’t that odd as everyone is always saying, “Everything in moderation.” But what is the moderation allowed for stress before it becomes bad? I am forever trying to balance this. I get odd looks when I tell someone that because of my procrastination and perfectionism tendencies, I need a “therapeutic level of stress” in my life in order to help me achieve my goals.
However, judging by the physical manifestations this week….I’d say the stress is headed toward the dark side. Multiple canker sores? Check. Cracked lips? Check. Breakout on face? Check. Fatigued? Check. Racing thoughts? Check. Headache? Check.
There is a lot on my mind right now and I’m trying to sort through it and to give it up to the Lord.
ResLife has had a good but psychosocially busy year so far. It has required a lot of heart and patience. I am so thankful that God has provided that to me as I’ve needed it. Discernment to make good judgment calls—thank goodness for that.
Tomorrow night is the first of our Small Group meetings……I think it will be a small group :). I’m looking forward to it, but am hugely intimidated. All prayers are VERY much appreciated.
No comments:
Post a Comment