O dear. God has quite a sense of humor, and thankfully my friends do, too!
I packed up my stuff on Friday and headed north to my apartment for the weekend. I had a wedding to attend on Saturday afternoon and a couple of movie dates with friends to catch. Yes, one of them was the new Harry Potter :) (But, I will certainly admit, while the movies are pretty good in their own right, the books are FAR better.)
I had a very long, hot ride up with no air conditioning and was VERY much looking forward to a nice, cool shower to clean up. I had my arms full of stuff to lug into my apartment and when I opened my back door to drop it off I was dumbfounded. My apartment was a DISASTER. Ceiling tiles out, disposable drop cloths covering everything and all my cupboards, the floors had protective stuff on them, too. AHHH!! I was entirely confused.
I had been told at the beginning of the summer there would be no work done in my apartment this summer (a welcome change from last summer when I had to move 5 times around campus as they were remodeling.....) so to find my apartment in this kind of shape when I'd been planning on staying for 3 days was a bit frustrating. No one had even called to say they were going to be working on it!
Thankfully, I have a fabulous friend who, even though we had just been planning a movie night, let me sleep in her extra bed all weekend.....even though we ended up with a seven-girl girls night last night and it was a little cramped in the 2 bedroom apartment!
We had a blast, watched the last HP, ate ice cream (Jess and I reminisced about how we ate half of a 3 gallon tub of black raspberry ice cream all by ourselves in the cafeteria last spring....over 2 days :) (She's not supposed to eat sugar and I'm lactose intolerant LOL)
Overall, it was a great break and mini vacation......now it is back to cleaning and weeding the garden. Woohoo summer!
e.
I packed up my stuff on Friday and headed north to my apartment for the weekend. I had a wedding to attend on Saturday afternoon and a couple of movie dates with friends to catch. Yes, one of them was the new Harry Potter :) (But, I will certainly admit, while the movies are pretty good in their own right, the books are FAR better.)
I had a very long, hot ride up with no air conditioning and was VERY much looking forward to a nice, cool shower to clean up. I had my arms full of stuff to lug into my apartment and when I opened my back door to drop it off I was dumbfounded. My apartment was a DISASTER. Ceiling tiles out, disposable drop cloths covering everything and all my cupboards, the floors had protective stuff on them, too. AHHH!! I was entirely confused.
I had been told at the beginning of the summer there would be no work done in my apartment this summer (a welcome change from last summer when I had to move 5 times around campus as they were remodeling.....) so to find my apartment in this kind of shape when I'd been planning on staying for 3 days was a bit frustrating. No one had even called to say they were going to be working on it!
Thankfully, I have a fabulous friend who, even though we had just been planning a movie night, let me sleep in her extra bed all weekend.....even though we ended up with a seven-girl girls night last night and it was a little cramped in the 2 bedroom apartment!
We had a blast, watched the last HP, ate ice cream (Jess and I reminisced about how we ate half of a 3 gallon tub of black raspberry ice cream all by ourselves in the cafeteria last spring....over 2 days :) (She's not supposed to eat sugar and I'm lactose intolerant LOL)
Overall, it was a great break and mini vacation......now it is back to cleaning and weeding the garden. Woohoo summer!
e.
No comments:
Post a Comment